With Dr. Sat Bir Khalsa, Dr. Lisa Nelson and others.
For everyone, including nurses, doctors, mental-health workers, yoga teachers, physical therapists, and nutritionists.
If you’re curious about the science behind asana (yoga postures), meditation, and pranayama (breathing techniques), come learn how these practices can enhance your physical and mental health, as well as that of your clients and patients.
By exploring the science of epigenetics and neuroplasticity, you learn how changes in lifestyle (particularly in the areas of movement, diet, and thought patterns), can change your brain and body, right down to gene expression. These changes can point you toward disease—or toward greater health and happiness. This program includes
- The latest research on the effects of asana, meditation, and pranayama on body and mind
- Yoga-based tools to improve personal well-being
- Ways to take the tools of yoga into your professional practice
- Guided experiences of postures, meditation, and breathing practices.
The program also covers the science behind the following practices, and how to teach them to your clients
- Three-part breath
- Ocean breath
- Alternative nostril breath
- Metta meditation
- Single pointed (focused) meditation
- Six movements of the spine
- Mindful eating.